Date(s): 02/01/2020 Time: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Museum’s Wine Tasting Fundraiser
Join us for our second annual fundraising event “Sampling at the Superstitions”.
The Superstition Mountain Museum will host its annual fundraiser “Sampling at the Superstitions,” on Saturday, Feb.1, 2019, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
“Sampling at the Superstitions” is just that, an opportunity to enjoy wine and beer samples, dinner, music, and history while the sun sets on the majestic Superstition Mountains.
Guests can sample and savor wine selections from Young’s Market Company, beer from Uncle Bear’s Bar and Grill, and fine food catered by Chef Jon Mortimer from Carefree Catering, as they wander the museum grounds to the sounds of local Rockabilly band Pat Roberts and the Heymakers. Among the wines available for sampling will be selections from the vineyards of the famous movie director Francis Ford Coppola, while four micro-brewed beers will be available. Young’s market will also be bringing 2 different Margaritas for sampling.
Attendees are urged to bid on some wonderful prizes in both a live and a silent auction.
Live auction prizes will include:
- A 4 Peaks Helicopter Tour to Amethyst Mine for two, an $800.00 value, donated by 4 Peaks Amethyst Mine.
- A Private Wine Class for up to 20 people, a $500 value, donated by Total Wine & More.
- Cowboy Hat worn by Ron Nix in the classic Western movie “Warning No Trespassing, “signed by Ron Nix, Hank Sheffer, Bob Roloff, Charlie LeSueur, Michael Dante and Don Collier.
- We are adding more live auction prizes all the time.
Silent auction prizes will include:
- Free golf rounds at local golf courses
- Signed books by local celebrities, including Hank Sheffer, Charlie Lesueur, Michael Dante, and Bob Roloff.
- Renaissance Fair tickets
- Gift cards from local businesses
You can try your luck with the “wine pull,” which involves paying a fee and taking a chance on pulling a draped bottle of wine out of a rack containing bottles of wine of varying quality and price.
Tickets are limited to the first 200 guests and are priced at $40 for a single, and $70 per couple, and are available at the museum Gift Shop, by phone, or online (see below). Your ticket price includes a souvenir wine glass, a full glass of wine or beer and four samples, and the buffet-style dinner.
A big THANKYOU! to Handlebar Pub and Grill in Apache Junction for helping us put this event together and for donating some wonderful prizes for the auctions. We would also like to thank Young’s market Company, Uncle Bear’s Bar and Grill, and Carefree Catering for their generous donations to this event, and well as all the wonderful businesses who have donated the awesome auction items.
Purchasing Tickets Online:
The Superstition Mountain Museum is a 501c 3 non-profit organization and is not supported in any manner by public/taxpayer money.