Date(s): 02/03/2018 Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Museum Committee Announces First Fundraiser in Expansion Campaign
Join us on Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018, from 4-6pm, for our first annual Building-fundraising event “Sampling at the Superstitions”.
“Sampling at the Superstitions” is just that, an opportunity to enjoy sampling wine, food, and history against the majestic backdrop of the setting sun on the Superstition Mountain range.
There will be wine from Windmill Winery in Florence, Sonoita Vineyards in Elgin, and beer from Sun Up Brewery in Phoenix, available for sampling at the Amphitheater, that guests can enjoy as they move through the museum grounds visiting major exhibits, and listening to historical information. Along with the wine, light hors d’oeuvres from The Dining Room restaurant in Apache Junction, as well as crackers and cheese, and water and soda, will be served. Beer lovers are not forgotten.
Musical entertainment will be provided by local band “Tombstone Renegades”, who will be playing a mix of Country favorites and old classic Rock ‘N Roll hits.
Attendees or one can try his/her luck with the “wine pull,” which involves paying a fee and taking a chance on pulling a draped bottle of wine out of a rack containing bottles of wine of varying quality and price.
Our guests are urged to take a chance and bid on some wonderful prizes in a silent auction. Here are some of the prizes that have been donated by various Apache Junction and Gold Canyon area businesses:
- Turquoise Ring, valued at $175.00, from Jewelry Menders
- Framed print, values at $150.00, from local photographer Lou Oates
- $100.00 gift card from Los Gringos Locos restaurant
- $50.00 Gift Certificate from AJI Sports
- Denim Jacket from Mammoth Mine
- A wine tasting for up to 20 people from Total Wines, valued at $500.00
- A 2-hour Jeep tour for 4 from Apache Trail Tours, valued at $340.00
- 4 Dugout reserve tickets from the Diamondbacks, valued at $200.00
- Sunset dinner for 2 on the Dolly Steamboat, valued at $111.70
- Gift basket from Tortilla Flat, valued at $113.00
- Round of Golf for 2 from Apache Creek Golf Course, valued at $100.00
- Gift pack from Arizona State Park, includes a year pass, valued at $156.00
- 3 signed books by local historian and author Ron Feldman
- $50.00 gift card from Fry’s
- $50.00 gift card from Handlebar Restaurant
- $50.00gift card from Ace Hardware
- Dinner dessert and take-home pie from Village Inn
All proceeds from the entire evening will be used to fund the museum building expansion. A tabletop model of the “new” museum will be on display.
Tickets are limited to the first 125 guests and priced at $30.00 for a single, and $50.00 for a couple. Tickets are available at the museum or, by phone, or you may purchase them online below. The Superstition Mountain Museum is a 501c 3 non-profit organization and is not supported by public/taxpayer money.